Sunday, October 4, 2009

"Wow" Chocolate Chip Cookies

This recipe was given to me by my friend Kim. They really are splendid and this is a recipe that makes alot. The best thing to do is scoop the dough by dropfuls on cookie sheets and let them freeze. Then put them in a ziplock in the freezer. I once heard someone say, "Cookies are better if you freeze the dough first." Whether that is true or not, I have made, froze, and ate these cookies and they were ... well, ... WOW!

One more tip before you begin, I learned from a cooking show once that you should soften your butter at room temperature (or in the microwave for about 10 seconds) before cooking with it. It softens quicker if you slice it up every tblsp. or so and just leave it on the counter. Melted butter produces flat cookies and frozen butter doesn't mix in completely until it is thawed.

Also, I say, undercooked cookies are alot better than over cooked!

Now, on to the recipe...

Cream 2 c. butter, 2 c. brown sugar, and 2 c. white sugar.

Add: 4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. white flour
2 c. wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
5 c. oats
chocolate chips (I always use 1 whole pkg.)

Bake at 375 degrees.

No comments: