Sunday, October 4, 2009

Why this blog?

Why? Silly question really... but since you ask... Because everyone loves a good recipe. I love trying new recipes. Therefore, it's easier to say, "Oh that one is on my blog, you can look it up!" than to send an e-mail every time someone is looking for a good recipe. I LOVE sharing my favorites and I LOVE when I receive favorite recipes from others. I really do love cooking and I think that is because I don't limit myself to cooking the same thing all the time.

Yes, I do make TERRIBLE things every so often (and it usually happens when guests are coming for dinner...Rule #1 NEVER try a new recipe when you are having guests over). That's the price I pay for trying new recipes. However, I love, LOVE when I happen upon an awesome one!

Am I a cooking expert? Heavens NO!!!! That's why there are recipes. All you have to do is follow them and waaalllaaaa! You've created a masterpiece in your own little test kitchen without even having to think. Then, you can say, "ya, I made that all by myself" and people act like you came up with the whole recipe yourself. In all reality, we all know that every recipe is just a twist of another recipe that probably originally came from Egypt, Jerusalem, or some other nation.

The recipes I post are ones I have tried and love. I will enter any modifications I made while cooking but in no way do I take credit for making these recipes up myself. They all are shared with me by someone else and I am just willing to try them out and share them with you.

So, enjoy the recipes and if there is a recipe you are afraid to try out and would like me to use my family as the Guinea pigs, let me know!

No comments: