Sunday, October 4, 2009

Favorite Breakfast

It being Conference Weekend, we were super lazy. So lazy that we did not roll out of bed until we were awoken at 9 a.m. by Gage announcing "Breakfast is ready downstairs!"

We were so excited to see what he made (keep in mind, he is 5-years-old). He told us that on the menu was different varieties of toast: jam, butter, cool whip, and peanut butter. He wanted us "to be able to choose". So, we all sat down and looked at our options. Jake took the peanut butter one, and Molli received the "cool whip" toast. I looked at the "butter" and "strawberry jam" one. I of course grabbed the strawberry jam toast to see what he would say. He just looked at me with a cute little smile and let out a little "hmph" like, 'Ummmmm, yah, I think that one is mine but if I havvvveeee to I'll give it to you.' I said, "just kidding, I'll take the butter."

We sit down and begin eating. Gage says, "Molli, you'll love the 'cool whip' one. I eat that on my sandwich everyday for school."

That's when we realize that what he means is "Miracle Whip"! Molli took a little nibble and I switched my butter toast for her "Cool whip" toast thinking I'm being chivalrous. She gobbles down the butter toast then takes my "Cool Whip" toast and gobbles it. Secretly, I'm grateful. It really was not appealing, but I wanted Gage to know how appreciative we were for him making breakfast. "Thank you, Molli!"

"And thank you Gage! "

No comments: