Sunday, August 14, 2011

Quick and Easy Sunday Meal

I got this recipe from my sister who got it from.... I don't know where. I made it after church today and it was super quick, easy, AND good (all wrapped into one!) It's not something that packs a punch of flavor but a little salt and pepper will perk it up if you need it. I personally liked it as is.

Quick and Easy Lemon Pepper Chicken and Linguine

3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
1 Tbsp lemon pepper 1 tomato,diced
½ c butter* 1 pkg. linguine noodles,
1 sm onion, chopped cooked

Melt butter in microwave and add lemon pepper. Stir-fry chicken until brown. Add butter and pepper mixture. Add onion and saute. Remove from heat. Add noodles and tomatoes. Toss and serve. (*May want to cut back - high fat!)

I served it with Italian Herb Ciabatta Bread. A friend here recommended a bottle of "Aceto Balsamico Di Modena" (Balsalmic Vinegar of Modena) and Pompeian Extra Virgin Olive oil for dipping the bread in. The vinegar is fantastic! We dip any bread in it with the oil and it is super. It's one of the few items we can get at the commisary here so I can't imagine them not having it in the states.

No comments: